[nSLUG] Final Chapter - Happy Ending - Next Round on Me!!

bob ashley ashley at chebucto.ca
Fri May 13 22:15:48 ADT 2005

Hail NSLUG Mission Control. We have HP Deskjet 3650 liftoff!

The HP Deskjet 3650 now works.

Essentially, Dop's last piece of advice I reduced to "do these HP's
steps all over again".

So I did.

And I'd swear on a stack of bibles that I merely replicated exactly what
I did the very first time I tried. There was a major difference,
however, in the behavior of the cups localhost site. The first time the
model selection window was NOT the same; it was a truncated version of
the list appearing tonight. The model selection tonight was an exact
match.

So I'm very thankful for the collective patience of everyone who weighed
in on this new user experience. Lots of great tips and explanations. The
next round is on me. When the weather gets nicer [June, early July]I'd
like to have a barbeque get-together in your honor! I'd say at least a
dozen nsluggers contributed, a manageable population for my restricted
quarters.

Now I'll get back to learning the basics.

Sincere thanks to everyone!

Bob

One closing question. These errors listed below showed up in the 'make
install' test of the final attempt. I pressed ahead anyhow with the rest
of the procedures. Why is the result successful even in the presence of
these repeated errors?

> /home/robert/hplip-0.9.2/install-sh -d /etc/hp; \
> > /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 /usr/share/hplip/hplip.conf /etc/hp; \
> > if [ -d /etc/init.d ]; then \
> > /usr/bin/install -c /usr/share/hplip/hplip /etc/init.d; \
> > if  [ ""="" ]; then \
> > if [ -x /install_initd ]; then \
> >  /install_initd hplip; \
> > else \
> > /chkconfig hplip reset; \
> > fi \
> > fi \
> > fi \
> > fi \
> > /bin/sh: line 1: /chkconfig: No such file or directory
> > make [3]: *** [install-data-hook] Error 127
> > make [3]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/hplip-0.9.2
> > make [2]: *** [install-data-am] Error 2
> > make [2]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/hplip-0.9.2
> > make [1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> > make [1]: Leaving directory '/home/robert/hplip-0.9.2
> > make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> > debian:/home/robert/hplip-0.9.2#

!DSPAM:4285519570521665110512!