[nSLUG] InstallFest success

ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu May 12 22:36:56 ADT 2005

Hello nslug,
This is an overdue message to send many thanks to James Bowes, the many
other organisers, the hosts and the participants of the InstallFest at Dal
on April 30th 2005.

A rainy Saturday afternoon was enjoyed by all in the CS Atrium where
knowledge and help was readily available for Linux installs. I didn't
monitor the activities too closely so I can't report on the number of
installs, distros, etc. All I know is that I went home with Libranet 2.0
installed on a Toshiba laptop (thanks Jack) and got my IBM laptop well
tweaked (thanks Phil and Andrew). Simon had a very spiffy BeOS box on the
go, I didn't know anything about BeOS before and was quite impressed with
the system. Some pictures are available on the ACM website
(http://www.dal-acm.ca/Projects/InstallFest).

This was a great event to geek talk with local folks and I think that we
should have a similar event sometimes in the future. It convinced me to go
to the Conference on Engaging in Open Source where I will see some of you
tomorrow.
Cheers,

Dan

!DSPAM:428404c231297658410719!