[nSLUG] Re: Newsreader to recommend?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu May 12 02:29:17 ADT 2005

> ...not particularly nimble for reading Usenet.
>
> Any suggestions?

I'm a Gnu Emacs fan so I would recommend using gnus within Emacs.

I also recommend using Emacs 20.x instead of 21.x.  Both come with
gnus as part of the package.  Ver. 21 has a bunch of chrome that
annoys me. (And xemacs annoys me too.  Xemacs isn't
Gnu-Emacs-using-X-Windowing-system; it's a fork in development with a
different attitude.  Gnu Emacs will run on a console, in an xterm or
in its own X window.)

Way back when I first started with Emacs (as a theretofore -- gasp! --
CP/M guy) I found it intimidating but I read the whole (printed)
manual all the way through once and that helped a whole bunch.  YMMV,
different strokes... etc. etc.

- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:4282e94e4711669611560!