[nSLUG] Chapter Three - Some HP Installation Progress.

Scott Walker crimson at unspeakable.org
Wed May 11 16:10:48 ADT 2005

I'm assuming by apt-get'ing you are on debian.

Have you tried to install the jpeg development libraries.

apt-get install jpeg will just give you the binaries/libraries not the
development includes, etc.

apt-get install libjpeg62-dev (it may be different depending on your
version of debian, and wether your in unstable or stable).

 From what I've been seeing, It looks like you are trying to install a
HP printer in cups under linux.

if you apt-get install hpijs you installed it. You don't need to compile
it also.

All you need to do is within cups config, add your HP printer. Selecting
the proper driver.