[nSLUG] Chapter Three - Some HP Installation Progress.

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Wed May 11 15:21:17 ADT 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, robert wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-11-05 at 10:11 -0300, Dop Ganger wrote:
>>
>> $ su
>> Password:
>> # apt-get install hpijs
>
> Okay, so I did this. Then ran ./configure yet again.

You don't need to run the configure again - apt-get just installed hpijs
for you. You need to go through the installation document from HP and see
what the next step is after compiling and installing the software. My
guess would be you have to go into the web interface of CUPS and set up a
new printer with the new drivers, but there's an outside chance you might
have to manually set up something in /etc or similar.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:42824d22278032778615560!