[nSLUG] Chapter Three - Some HP Installation Progress.

robert ashley at chebucto.ca
Wed May 11 12:01:01 ADT 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-05 at 10:11 -0300, Dop Ganger wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005, robert wrote:
>
> > checking for jpeg_set_defaults in -ljpeg... no
> > configure: error: "cannot find libjpeg support"
> > configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for prnt/hpijs
> > $
> >
> > What is the next best step?
>
> $ su
> Password:
> # apt-get install hpijs

Okay, so I did this. Then ran ./configure yet again.

In config.log [after apt-get install hpijs]
./configure [again]

on debian

config.status:713: creating Makefile
config.status:896: executing depfiles commands
configure:23118: configuring in prnt/hpijs
configure:23235: running /bin/sh './configure' --prefix=/usr
'--prefix=/usr' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
configure:23240: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for prnt/hpijs

Hence, it appears that after apt-get install hpijs there is no change in
status. Did you happen to see Bill's suggestion?

> To compile a program and link it against libjpeg you will need either
> libjpeg.a (but that's not what you want because that is a static
> library) or libjpeg.so, which should be a symbolic link to
> libjpeg.so.x.y.z.  So the linker can't find libjpeg.so to link your
> program to.  Usually running ldconfig (as root) will build those links
> for you.

Bob

!DSPAM:42821e32267208268877913!