[nSLUG] Chapter Three - Some HP Installation Progress.

robert ashley at chebucto.ca
Tue May 10 21:40:57 ADT 2005

Here is chapter 3 of my HP printer installation:

I ran ./configure again (third time). This after Dop's recommendation to
apt-get the missing cups support. Progress, it looks like!

The following are the last three lines of the most current config.log.
It is the *only* place where the instance of "error" or "fail*" or
"cannot find" occurs in the config.log text.

checking for jpeg_set_defaults in -ljpeg... no
configure: error: "cannot find libjpeg support"
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for prnt/hpijs
$

What is the next best step?

Thanks for your patience!

Bob