[nSLUG] Linux on Soltek?

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Fri May 6 15:16:29 ADT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-05 at 14:46 -0300, Rick Wightman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at a small form factor box from Soltek with a K8T800PRO
> motherboard (939 slot for AMD64 CPU). Anyone have any experiences with
> linux on this type of machine?

Besides being small, I don't believe there is anything special about
this type of system. My (ATX) mobo has the same chipset, for example.
The deal with the cubes is that they have, intentionally, limited
support for "legacy" peripherals. That said, I see a review showing it
has support for floppy, PS/2 mouse and keyboard, serial ports, and with
an optional cable, parallel as well. It doesn't even have onboard video.
It does have only 1 PCI slot, and 2 memory slots. But with onboard GigE,
sound, firewire, and a crapload of USB 2.0, I cant see how thats much of
a limitation for a desktop.

Its just small.

!DSPAM:427bb48011776351336920!