[nSLUG] Thoughts on Ubuntu....

James Bowes bowes at cs.dal.ca
Tue May 3 15:05:28 ADT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 12:19 -0300, Scott Walker wrote:
> My may concern is, upgradeability. I like Debian cause with each new
> realise, I can apt-get dist-upgrade to the newest version. With Ubuntu's
> development cycle being 6 months, I want to make sure every 6 months I
> can update.

dist-upgrade works in Ubuntu. Some system changes are beyond even the
awesome powers of apt to handle, however, so you may have to run one or
two extra commands. Check out the 5.04 release notes [1] for an example.

-James

[1] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/ReleaseNotes504

!DSPAM:4277bd3a229671902519342!