[nSLUG] Thoughts on Ubuntu....

Scott Walker crimson at unspeakable.org
Tue May 3 12:19:57 ADT 2005

Thanks or the good response.

Personally, I'm not interested in Gnome or KDE (blech, Can't stand
either.) I will be putting E16.5 (and prob E17 for testing) on it.

My may concern is, upgradeability. I like Debian cause with each new
realise, I can apt-get dist-upgrade to the newest version. With Ubuntu's
development cycle being 6 months, I want to make sure every 6 months I
can update.

As for hardware, it would be on 2 machines.

P4 2.8Ghz (800FSB)
1G DDR400 Dual Channel
SATA Drive
ATI FireGL V5100 128M Video Card