[nSLUG] getting sftp/ssh access at hosting ISP

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:28:31 ADT 2005

Someone in this group suggested sibername for hosting. They looked good,
cheap, and
provided nice bandwidth, so I signed up. The features list shows ssh. I
intended to
use sftp/ssh to move my site there. The knowledge base said you had to ask
for access.
I email support. In 2 minutes I get an answer - it is available for 4 hours
duration only.

In other people's experience is this what "ssh access" typically means?

I feel like perhaps I've found the Alice in Wonderland of hosting ISPs -
the SSL certificate works between 4 and 11, MySQL is available between 8
and 12 AM, and so on. That is fiction, but my point is, how can one
assume any of the features are available permanently, given the
ssh precedent? I've still lots of time to change my mind on
this hosting pick.

!DSPAM:42c2f65e122866769152737!