[nSLUG] Tip on APC warranty RMAs!

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 16:12:03 ADT 2005

APC support had no record of my RMA arriving as of last week.
Also, I was in contact with the fulfillment house in Mississauga
by phone on Thursday, and they had no record of my RMA arriving.

Today the RMA replacement appeared at my home,
shipped by UPS ground (which must have been in
transit when I made my inquiries).

I suspect the way they work is that there is no knowledge
of what the other party is doing.  The database sucks
because there is no database, and there is no connectivity
between APC and the fulfillment house.

In my case, I had bought it from Future Shop, but online.

Incidently, I notice that Staples and Future Shop online stores
both offer free shipping, but always have 0 stock of the largest
APC UPS they carry, while the stores are actually stocked
with the same part.  I suspect they are using this technique
to avoid paying the shipping on 23 pound UPS units and
simply allow the online store to advertise that they
do carry the product if you want to drive into a bricks and
mortar location.