[nSLUG] Re: X11 is not X-Windows

Crawford, Andrew (IT) Andrew.Crawford at morganstanley.com
Thu Jun 16 12:02:38 ADT 2005

> it is courteous to be considerate of their preference.

I wouldn't disagree with you to be honest, and I always call it "X" (when I don't call it "that stupid piece of crap X" anyway!). The fact remains though that as long as people a) call it "X Windows", and b) understand what is meant by "X Windows", the wishes of the project originators are irrelevent for all practical purposes.

Cheers,

Andrew

!DSPAM:42b19491119052129213865!