[nSLUG] Re: X11 is not X-Windows

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Jun 16 11:58:13 ADT 2005

English is not prescriptive, but how a proper name is spelled is not
subject to the rules of language.

For instance, let's suppose you hated the nickname Andy, and yet
everyone called you that because they all assume that's what you go by.
Wouldn't you politely correct them?

Consider my complaint a polite correction, not because I am part of the
"language gestappo" who wishes to rewrite history and force everyone to
stop using "incorrect" names, but because the project itself has
expressed their preference on the matter of their name, and it is
courteous to be considerate of their preference.

Ben

!DSPAM:42b1938b117625165812325!