[nSLUG] Another debian issue resolved

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:36:21 ADT 2005

After resetting networking to the normal sequences,
I can verify that networking disappeared from the list of
inits shown by rcconf.

Looking for Gentoo's rc-status and finding rcconf the other
day, has caused me to quickly mess up the defaults
for several inits.  A bad combination of my
expectations and the limitations of this application.

I read the man page now and see that it saves
the sequence and init name of any non-20 seq
values in the file /var/lib/rcconf/services

So I guess I'll go through those with ls -l rc?.d/S??initname
to see what I've got.

BTW, The mtrr error is related to matrox video and a
modules for i2c-matroxfb and matroxfb_proc related
to features on the G400 that I don't need
on a server anyway.

I' m encountering some environmental adjustments I
need to make, but I keep telling myself, this is a once
every few years task, rather than a bi-weekly or
monthly task I've seen from Gentoo.  I'll probably
save on electricity too.  I just missed 80 something
package updates to build going from Gnome 2.8 to 3.0!

!DSPAM:42b0c98593282034613949!