[nSLUG] Another debian issue resolved

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Jun 15 14:40:18 ADT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 07:53 -0300, Donald Teed wrote:
> By default, anything set up with update-rc.d gets
> a sequence code of 20.  There are a bunch of network
> related inits set as 20.  I probably added some of those
> via the update-rc.d defaults.  I can't think of an distro I've
> used before where I've ever had to play with the sequence
> codes, except picking one for a package alien to that distro.

Ah, again I am missing bits of what you said.  So, if *you* put the
"networking" script at 20, that explains it.  You've broken your system.
The "networking" script is supposed to be set up as follows:

/etc/rc0.d/S35networking
/etc/rc6.d/S35networking
/etc/rcS.d/S40networking

You need to really take care when running update-rc.d to change the load
order.  As you guessed, you don't normally need to do this.

Ben

!DSPAM:42b0684585651969810139!