[nSLUG] Re: migrating to debian sarge

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 12:35:35 ADT 2005

On 6/12/05, Donald Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I made my kernel from vanilla 2.4.31, with a make oldconfig from
> my previous Gentoo.  Perhaps there is some devfs problem - I was
> using that in Gentoo and Debian probably doesn't support it out of
> the box.  I'll try a new kernel without devfs.

This was the problem.  Gentoo uses devfs, and Debian doesn't - out of the box.
Once devfs was taken out of the kernel, no more problems with getty
and respawns happening faster than processes dying.

Now I just have to become better aquanted with all of the debianisms
and defeat stuff that thinks this is still testing,  (e.g. apt-setup) etc.

!DSPAM:42ac5647327091545416499!