[nSLUG] Followup Re: X freeze etc. Thanks all.

Jason Kenney jason at ohm.ath.cx
Fri Jun 10 09:50:53 ADT 2005

> Too bad, because it is possible to combine a series of low-res,
> low-bits-per-pixel images to generate a high-res image, with deep pixels.
> Ideally the "object of interest" will be a fixed shape (a unique belt
> buckle is ideal) moving a fraction of a pixel from one frame to the next.
> Take a series of images, convert to a higher resolution, and "warp" each
> to a standard view.  Combine the resulting images (e.g., by summing and
> rescaling) and you can get very high quality.

My (limited) experience with "super-resolution" is that it doesn't work
nearly as well as advertised. But of course, YMMV. I suspect a lot has to
do with how much control you have over the camera... If
they used it on Hubble or something, maybe it works well when they can
control things so closely, but even with just handheld digital cameras it
doesn't seem to produce more than a minimal gain.

Jason

!DSPAM:42a98cae246681051815658!