[nSLUG] Debian 3.1 (sarge) is released

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 22:16:29 ADT 2005

I agree that the modularized conf file solution is elegant.

It's not that difficult to deal with, and the one additional
level of abstraction avoids the time you might consume
while using other distributions, where updated packages
want to clobber your nicely configured services.  Normally
package updates include a step of manually merging
the old and new conf files based on a diff report.  In Debian
you normally won't have to think about it.