[nSLUG] Debian 3.1 (sarge) is released

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Jun 8 16:07:47 ADT 2005

Since I have taken the liberty of voicing my opinions on a distro about
which, to be truthful, I know very little, I felt I should look into it
a bit further to see if I was on the right track.  Here is a review that
expresses some of the same doubts I have about Libranet's intentions:

http://distrocenter.linux.com/distrocenter/05/04/26/0849258.shtml?tid=127

The whole review is an interesting read, but the section in particular
that caught my attention was "Improvements in package installation"
which ends with this conclusion:

"The cautious may want to remember Libranet's warnings for the future,
but, for now, the warnings seem needlessly alarmist. Their main result
may be to scare users off from learning more about their systems."

Of course, this is only one reviewer's opinion, and you can certainly
take it with a grain of salt.  But I did find it interesting that others
had drawn similar conclusions of their own after giving Libranet a
slightly deeper look than I have.

Ben

!DSPAM:42a74220180871057816720!