[nSLUG] Debian 3.1 (sarge) is released

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Wed Jun 8 12:25:39 ADT 2005

Ben Armstrong wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 11:05 -0300, Jack Warkentin wrote:
>

>>I can't speak re your regular Debian installation, but on your Libranet
>>3.0 you should most definitely *not* update the sources.list. You should
>>only update/upgrade that system using the Adminmenu. It the sources.list
>>needs to be updated it will happen as part of that update/upgrade
>>process.
>>
>>So if Libranet really does force you to use its own GUI-based admin
>>tools rather than the more comfortable way (for the seasoned admin) of
>>editing simple conf files and running simple command-line commands, then
>>it certainly lowers my opinion of Libranet.  But perhaps this is not the
>>case, and you've simply misunderstood what Libranet requires.

With LN you can use adminmenu, apt-get, synpatic; what ever you use with
the Debian distro.
Adminmenu acts as a graphic system admin tool, the frontend to configure
kernel, install packages, config X-windows, sound, network,, printers,
time, users, desktop, browser plugins.

Adminmenu does not have to be used, just makes things easier for the non
hard           core linux user, like me. :)  Also the installer blows
the doors off Debian's netinstaller. I used that last night to install
sarge.

--

J. Paul Bissonnette
http://canadian-dream.com