[nSLUG] Re: OOo Spreadsheet for Canadian Payroll Tax

M Taylor mctylr at privacy.nb.ca
Mon Jun 6 10:52:58 ADT 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 09:26:46PM -0300, Tony Abou-Assaleh wrote:

> On their FAQ they say:
>
> "5. When are commercial licenses absolutely required for Quasar
> Accounting?
>
> You require a commercial license for Quasar Accounting Software when
> Quasar is connected directly or indirectly to an application such as a
> database or other application that is not licensed under GPL."
>
> ... which doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Do these people NOT
> know what GPL is? Or am I way off?

Quasar can offer a non-GPL license for commercial applications to a
Client that wish to use Quasar's software (i.e. link to their libraries)
without the commercial application (of the Client) having to be bound
to the GPL license terms (e.g. make source available) as well.

!DSPAM:42a4553b93015799010652!