[nSLUG] Followup Re: X freeze etc. Thanks all.

Gerard MacNeil aa030 at chebucto.ns.ca
Mon Jun 6 09:01:56 ADT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 00:37 -0300, Mike Spencer wrote:
> I swapped the PS/2 mouse for an old serial mouse.  X works
> fine.

I had a similar problem/solution with a PS/2 mouse on an AMD-K6.  Then I
had an Acer RTL-8139 NIC that worked fine in linux and would not receive
in Winder's on the same box.  I eventually found a VIA 4-in-1 BIOS
upgrade that fixed both the NIC and the PS/2 port induced problems.

> Guess I need to:
>
>    + test that mouse on another machine.
>
>    + test the machine with another PS/2 mouse.
>
> neither of which is possible just at the moment.

+ try a BIOS update (which may not be necessary.  I have an extra serial
mouse or two myself.)

--
Gerard

!DSPAM:42a43b3690148997320329!