[nSLUG] Followup Re: X freeze etc. Thanks all.

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Mon Jun 6 00:37:54 ADT 2005

After reboot, a previously working system would freeze mouse and
keyboard on startx (or gpm).

I swapped the PS/2 mouse for an old serial mouse.  X works
fine. Quickcam driver, ndiswrapper and M$ wireless card driver,
mplayer all coexisting.   Sigh.

Guess I need to:

   + test that mouse on another machine.

   + test the machine with another PS/2 mouse.

neither of which is possible just at the moment.

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I tried many of them, including
booting a Knoppix CD.  Mouse & keyboard behaved slightly differently
but still froze up.

Good progress on the garden but we're a week behind because of the
rain.  Huff, huff.

- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:42a3c47777191752729258!