[nSLUG] Re: X freeze, clock weirdness: Connected? Cause?

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 07:48:38 ADT 2005

Sorry... On a reread of the original post I notice
you did say you could login remotely when it
froze, so this certainly is not the ndiswrapper bug.

I believe it is video related.  What type of video card is it?
Some have problems with the vt switching you are
doing - you might find googling about that specific
issue: freeze and the video chip or module name,
will help.  Checking the X log might give a clue
too:

tail /var/log/XFree86.0.log
or
tail /var/log/Xorg.0.log

depending on the type of X window you are running.

If you have any bootable CDs around, like KNOPPIX,
it is a quick way to give the system a test drive
with an alternate set of kernel modules, etc.