[nSLUG] Local hosting service?

Michael D. Crawford crawford at goingware.com
Sun Jul 31 22:54:43 ADT 2005

Can anyone recommend a web hosting service that is physically located in
Atlantic Canada?  Does anyone on this list run or work for such a host?

My wife Bonita has gone back into web design - she's at
http://www.paperbeagle.com/  She wants to focus on work for local
businesses, mainly because she prefers to be able to meet clients
face-to-face.  She has the sense that most of her potential clients
would prefer hosting locally.

We all know that it wouldn't matter whether they hosted in Halifax or
Timbuktu as long as they had a reliable, high-speed connection, but the
experience she had working for some small businesses back in Maine
suggests that many clients would have a hard time grasping that.

My own experience with web hosting leads me to feel that what matters
most in a host is being able to reach a live human when asking for
support.  I think that would also be importants to Bonita's potential
clients.  I'm pretty sure Aliant does hosting, and I imagine Eastlink
does too, but my own experience has been much better with the smaller
hosts I've used, the ones that were mom-and-pop operations.

Any recommendations and comments you may have are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
crawford at goingware.com

    Read "GoingWare's Bag of Programming Tricks" at:
            http://www.goingware.com/tips/

!DSPAM:42ed7db661244242314054!