[nSLUG] fault tolerant internet connection

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Fri Jul 29 08:50:29 ADT 2005

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Tim Johnson wrote:

> Quoting Dop Ganger <nslug at fop.ns.ca>:
>>
>> If this is more for outbound traffic for redundancy (ie an office
>> firewall) then the LARTC documents how at
>> http://www.lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html (note that you
>> *will* need the patches available from http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes).

> A quick browse of this seems to be just what I'm looking for... I'll see what
> the patches involve. This is my old Pentium 233mhz machine, so I really hate to
> recompile the kernel :)

You don't have much choice, I'm afraid. Above and beyond the patches, you
also need to enable a couple of options in the advanced routing section to
get it to work. You can either compile on another machine, or use
something like distcc (http://distcc.samba.org/) to spread the load.

Cheers... Dop.

!DSPAM:42ea1805325221511557549!