[nSLUG] Wireless at Dalhousie

Jason Kenney jason at ohm.ath.cx
Thu Jul 21 13:13:12 ADT 2005

> So far I've downloaded the Cisco vpnclient from dal's site, and I can
> get it to connect properly over the net from home using the girlfriend's
> student id and password, but when I try on campus (from the Library
> specifically), although I can connect to the network and get an ip
> through dhcp, the vpnclient times out trying to find vpn.dal.ca, and I'm
> stuck with all ip's resolving to the server with the "you have to be
> authenticated using the vpn client" page.
>
> Any Dal students running Linux on notebooks that can point me in the
> right direction?

I'm pretty sure you have to get your MAC registered with UCIS or whoever
handles that to use it on the network. This applies to just plugging into
a jack in the various locations as well I think. At least this is the way
it used to be two years ago or so, maybe there is a new a system now.

Jason

!DSPAM:42dfca11127812005910786!