[nSLUG] getting sftp/ssh access at hosting ISP

Artson artson at hotpop.com
Wed Jul 6 08:13:32 ADT 2005

On 30 Jun 2005 at 8:57, Donald Teed wrote:

> I've reached a compromise with sibername - sftp is on all the time,
> ssh by request. They do respond quickly to support and they are
> available 24x7, so the odd time I need shell, it shouldn't be a big
> issue to ask for a window of ssh access. I've encouraged them to make
> that clear in their knowledgebase.
>
> There is no one in N.S. that I've found, that can offer things like
> 350MB space for $83/year. There are ISPs out there offering 1 GB for
> similar prices. The market contains a crazy variety of prices and
> services to wade through. However, one thing that helped me decide on
> sibername was their quick response to my request for a bandwidth test
> of a 1 to 2 mb file. Some other ISPs don't respond at all.

Hello,

I don't know what you do Donald, but mayhap it is time for you to provide the
services you seek from others?

Just think, you could offer honesty, civility, decent terms and conditions all
spelled out, a fair price AND safety from prying US eyes under the Patriot Act.

You could.

--

The Illuminati were amateurs!
Join the editors at DMOZ