[nSLUG] getting sftp/ssh access at hosting ISP

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Tue Jul 5 13:32:21 ADT 2005

David Payne wrote:

>I to will soon be choosing a hosting company.  Thanks for all the
>great suggestions.  Not having ever had a hosting company there sure
>are a lot out there to choose from.
>
>David Payne
>
>On 7/4/05, Michael Taylor <mctaylor at privacy.nb.ca> wrote:
>

>>Peer1.net is a Colocation provider in Montreal (Toronto, and
>>Vancouver).
>>http://www.tccp.ca/ - toronto community co-location project
>>
>>I don't know about http://www.redwoodvirtual.com/ but they
>>are US based (west coast) and might be of interest.
>>
>>I use rosehosting.com, and am sortof happy with them.
>>
>>Just some random suggestions.

Not only a lot out here to choose from, but a lot of  public relations.
Suggestion make a list of what you want, what you like, what you do not
want.  Then approach each prospect with the list compare, its your money
any nerves.

The cheapest is not always the worst, or the most expensive the best.

Unlimited bandwidth may sound good, how much BW do you really need. how
big will your website be times 2 or 3.  It is better to qualify the
hosts now that start shopping again in a month or so. Maybe I should
follow my own advice next time :)

--

J. Paul Bissonnette
http://canadian-dream.com