[nSLUG] Do It Yourself with dynamic DNS services

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:54:05 ADT 2005

Well, actually a lot of them do provide ssh, but it involves
sending in ID photocopy and the like, and they like to
associate it with a bit of a premium price.

On the flip side, why should I like using ftp, which sends
a password in the clear that is the same username and
password used to control the entire service?  I prefer
to sftp and tar, to start.  There are dozens of other
little tasks I've often taken care of from the shell.