[nSLUG] Do It Yourself with dynamic DNS services

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Mon Jul 4 22:40:50 ADT 2005

Donald Teed wrote:

>On 7/4/05, Scott Syms <scottsyms at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I've used OLM.net in the past for web hosting and been quite pleased with
>>the offerings, price and support.
>>

>I've been looking for a web+mail for under $10 US/month with
>some degree of responsive support + ssh access.
>
>OLM's email only package is less than DynDNS's
>relay, so that is a logically cheaper option.
>
>The IP I have does change.  That's why there are clients
>you can run (even routers do it these days) to update
>the DNS records at DynDNS.   The way it works for me
>is the service logs what IP you appeared to come from.
>
>Perhaps the hosted website isn't visible at a high level of
>availability, but that is fine for us at this point.

I was with netmar.com from 1997 until 2002, as a host they are
excellent, friendly , helpful. they even help me debug so of my html and
php mistakes. They offer a choice of PC servers running Red Hat or Sun
servers.

The reason I left had nothing to do with them, They are based in Va, I
just didn't want any thing to do with the Hysteria south of the border.

--

J. Paul Bissonnette
http://canadian-dream.com

!DSPAM:42c9e532301621992014333!