[nSLUG] Do It Yourself with dynamic DNS services

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 21:59:02 ADT 2005

On 7/4/05, Scott Syms <scottsyms at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I've used OLM.net in the past for web hosting and been quite pleased with
> the offerings, price and support.

I've been looking for a web+mail for under $10 US/month with
some degree of responsive support + ssh access.

OLM's email only package is less than DynDNS's
relay, so that is a logically cheaper option.

The IP I have does change.  That's why there are clients
you can run (even routers do it these days) to update
the DNS records at DynDNS.   The way it works for me
is the service logs what IP you appeared to come from.

Perhaps the hosted website isn't visible at a high level of
availability, but that is fine for us at this point.

!DSPAM:42c9db55299804486121336!