[nSLUG] Do It Yourself with dynamic DNS services

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 21:05:05 ADT 2005

Going through all of the jungle of web hosts, with crazy deals, wide variety
of prices, special conditions on ssh access, different conditions up
front than what you get when you have sent them money, etc.
is making me want to circumvent the whole thing.

I think I can set up DynDNS with Mailhop, and other forwarding stuff.
Has anyone local experience with aliant/eastlink and making this work?
(i.e. are there reasons to give up before I start?)

Our current web site has under 400 MB transfer/month.  We can
live with the site being down occassionally as is expected with
a DSL connection.

!DSPAM:42c9ceaf296905862014968!