[nSLUG] getting sftp/ssh access at hosting ISP

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 11:47:51 ADT 2005

I was initially satisfied with the rapid response rate from sibername,
but perhaps it isn't as true for weekend and holiday times.

On June 30th I twice asked for my ssh access to be on, and
I received a reply that sftp was on, on July 2nd, at 3AM
(a copy/paste of a previous helpdesk response).

A third attempt to enable ssh access was answered
with a question of "what are you intending to do".

I responded "three strikes, you're out".

This proved to be an unworkable compromise, so I
cancelled my account and showed these tickets to
to Bulent, who replied that the response times were within
their acceptable range (athough I still did not have access
enabled by the late response).

hub.org tracepath shows it connects through Panama.

Someone mentioned a hosting provider in Montreal.  Care to name
names?