[nSLUG] Hang-up early in boot process

M Taylor mctylr at privacy.nb.ca
Sun Feb 27 12:48:14 AST 2005

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 06:10:41PM -0400, Rick Wightman wrote:

> I'm using FC3 and once loaded the machine hangs on (re)boot. On booting
> the kernel, the machine reports:
>
> - the BIOS (2000) fails cutoff (2001) and that acpi=force is required
> to enable ACPI audit and then : initialized

Try these options in your /etc/grub.conf configuration,

noacpi -- isolate whether it is a acpi related problem, older ACPI may
          be buggy

nogb or norhgb -- disable the funky graphical boot prettyiness while
          trying to find your problem

nofb -- disable kernel frame buffer, use a simple virtual console

!DSPAM:4221f9d0247967765612964!