[nSLUG] will broken rsync be the demise of Gentoo?

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 20:57:27 AST 2005

In Gentoo...

* source tarballs are always downloaded, unless one already has one in the
/usr/portage/distfiles area of the same version and rev.
* 'emerge sync' only syncs the ebuild files under /usr/portage and does
any maintenance item such as deleting old slots, moving stuff to
different slots, etc.

These rsync servers timed out on me tonight:
rsync://216.170.153.145/gentoo-portage
rsync://216.194.67.33/gentoo-portage
rsync://63.150.226.21/gentoo-portage