[nSLUG] will broken rsync be the demise of Gentoo?

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 15:36:59 AST 2005

I have one machine that doesn't exhibit the problem
today, but it has in the past.  Are you saying you've
never experienced a timeout error from emerge sync
that suggested you retry?  Searches in the Gentoo
forums reveal there are others noticing the problem
as well.

The network card is recently replaced for a new one
and it has not changed anything - unless it made
it worse - but I have had good rsyncs with the
current kernel build and hardware.  In any case
I'm sshed into it all day from work and no
disconnections there.