[NSLUG] mplayer problem

Donald Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:51:04 AST 2005

I've worked with a cousin to the i810 - the 830M, and at the time
the kernel support was weak.  Compiling X11 DRM modules from
the XFree86 source worked way better for video acceleration
and I didn't have any problems from mplayer, etc.

According to this page:
http://www.xfree86.org/~dawes/intelfb.html
the 2.4.21 and up kernels contain the improved driver code.
So as Dop suggests, update your kernel by 3+ years
and you might have better results.