[nSLUG] local ns e-govt and oss???

Bob Ashley ax386 at chebucto.ca
Sat Feb 19 08:27:24 AST 2005

Very sophisticated negotiations, indeed! Certainly there's no better
exemplar than Israel, masters at getting their way. I thought the UK was
all over the map on this issue. Are you talking national or municipal?
I'm referring to municipal. London alone has 33 boroughs, 33 mayors, as
well as a Mr. Big London mayor and his assembly. E-gov-wise London is
stew of variations, in their varietal approaches, levels of
sophistication, and spotty thoroughness.

My understanding was the OSS effort failed in Germany. Was it Munich?
Berlin? That it turned into something of a fiasco?

For all that, I understand the message you're telegraphing here. The
technics of the game overstand the technics of the technology. Poignant,
and probably inescapable.

Bob