[nSLUG] local ns e-govt and oss???

M Taylor mctylr at privacy.nb.ca
Fri Feb 18 16:20:01 AST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 03:52:45PM -0400, Ryan Ernst wrote:
> > Beside the official language requirements at the federal level,
> > it should be easy to adopt these standards for provincial and municiple
> > web based standards, for both internal and public facing web sites.
> >
> > Please, do complain about sites that do not met accessibility
> > guidelines.
>
> Ok, but how can a site that only works with IE be called 'accessible'?

In my understanding, any federal government website cannnot.
It does not met Accessibility Standard 1.1 and Standard 1.2.

So as a citizen you have a responsibility to complain about the lack
of accessibility for any web site that fails to met the well known
government standards.

!DSPAM:42164df2243291279115123!