[nSLUG] local ns e-govt and oss???

Michael D. Crawford crawford at goingware.com
Thu Feb 17 15:04:36 AST 2005

>  Would
> anyone in the Linux community ever consider donating some experience to
> say, a small, cash-strapped municipality?

I'd be happy to.  One thing that might be useful that I could do would be to
gather the IT staff of some cities all together in a meeting room, and teach
them how to install and configure linux servers and workstations, suitable for
various target tasks.

If one must donate consulting time, I think the best use of it is to teach the
regular employees of the municipalities how to help themselves.  Teach a man to
fish, and all that.

Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/
crawford at goingware.com