[nSLUG] local ns e-govt and oss???

Miles Thompson milesthompson at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 17 10:10:48 AST 2005

Bob,

They'll all swear they're cash-strapped, but check their expenditures and
where they have surpluses buried.

Municipality of East Hants uses SAP for taxes and water; moans about lack
of funds, yet loses close to $160, 000/yr on an over-staffed municipal
pool, and has a huge surplus stuffed away in various reserves. Area rates
are not consistent, the tail (rural councillors) wags the dog - curtailing
needed expenditures in the Enfield - Shubenacadie corridor. Helluva mess.

Our Chamber of Commerce has repeatedly tackled them on the surplus - they
cannot identify how much is enough, like most misers.

Most like candidate for help? Town of Canso?

Cheers - Miles