[nSLUG] Apache & Absolute paths

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Tue Feb 15 22:03:16 AST 2005

Troy D. Strum wrote:

> I haven't used them in years, but...
>
> In httpd.conf, these lines are likely commented out, so uncomment them:
>
> AddType text/html .shtml
> AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

already done

> Make sure that your httpd.conf file has the "Includes" option turned
> on for the web root:
>
> <directory /your/web/root/>
> Options Includes
> </directory>
> (The above example is abbreviated - look for a similar block in your
> httpd.conf file).

This was already in

<Directory "/home/*/public_html/www">
AllowOverride AuthConfig FileInfo Limit
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Includes IncludesNOEXEC Indexes
MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
        <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
        </Limit>
        <Limit PUT DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
            Order deny,allow
            Deny from all
        </Limit>
</Directory>

> Run this:
>
> /usr/sbin/apache-modconf apache enable mod_include
>
> Restart apache and make a .shtml file to test it out.
>

> - Troy
>

> J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to set-up an Apache server, Debian based
>> Installation,
>> for my website testing. I've run into a snag.
>>
>> How do I set-up *my* server to accept absolute paths?
>> eg
>> <!--#include virtual="/inc/meta-de.inc" -->
>> or
>> /pics/common/floatplanes.jpg
>> My web host allows these.

>!DSPAM:4211e982115592119415390!

I used webmin to setup a VirtualHost it wrote this:
<VirtualHost maple>
DocumentRoot /home/jpb/public_html/www
ServerName maple
<Directory "/home/jpb/public_html/www">
allow from all
Options +Indexes
</Directory>
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Includes IncludesNOEXEC Indexes
MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
ServerPath /home/jpb/public_html/www
</VirtualHost>

My webhost allows / absolute paths, except for php, in my VirtualHost  I
just want my little box at home to imitate it.

--

J. Paul Bissonnette
http://canadian-dream.com

!DSPAM:4212a9ea132581883777788!