[nSLUG] Re: No PCMCIA 802.11g on Linux Laptops?!

Aaron Spanik aaronspanik at eastlink.ca
Fri Feb 4 12:51:04 AST 2005

I have a LinkSys A+B+G (WPC55AG) card that works okeefine under linux
(running Gentoo on an IBM A21e:  Celery 600MHz/256MB RAM).

I mostly run it against my WRT54G (linksys firmware) using
wpa_supplicant for the encryption.  It's also worked against a WRK54G
(Linksys AP that you can't have PhirmwarePhun(tm) with).

I believe it uses the Atheros chipset.  wpa_supplicant accesses it
through the madwifi driver, I believe.

/a