[nSLUG] No PCMCIA 802.11g on Linux Laptops?!

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Feb 2 17:17:37 AST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 15:06 -0400, Jon Moore wrote:
> If any of you nice nSLUG people think I'm foolish for even *thinking*
> of doing anything useful with that brick, I'd appreciate your
> criticism.

"Text-only?" "Brick?"  My "high-end" laptop matches those specifications
fairly closely.  I run GNOME on it successfully + Firefox + Gvim and a
few other odds and ends, including a few nice games.  My "low-end"
laptop has a WinChip 233 (basically a K6-2 replacement for the original
P90 that was taken out of it,) 16M, and a 4G hdd.  It is suitable as a
wireless X terminal (using a B card) running openbox & xvnc4viewer to
talk to my vnc4 server running on my main system.

Ben

!DSPAM:4201437e276465200618582!