[nSLUG] Linux on a laptop

Preston Smith prbasmith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 19:44:41 AST 2005

Hi!

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you

I  just recently bought a laptop - Compaq V2414NR - Mobile AMD Turion
64 ML-28CPU, 512 MB system memory, 80 GB Drive, etc loaded with XP Home.

My question is this.  As with most laptops the OS has been modified to
incorporate Compaq's proprietary bits and pieces and to incorporate the
normal power management routines.  Can I take 20 GB of the drive and
create a Linux partition and install Grub or a similar program without
screwing up the Compaq's system restore partition (D:) and other power
management routines?

Thanks

Preston

!DSPAM:43b1d327222547791312162!