[nSLUG] Hard drive error messages

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Sun Dec 18 01:41:41 AST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 18:34 -0400, J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
> gnwiii at gmail.com wrote:
>

> Other drives disconnected, the box resets shortly after disk 2 runs.
>
> I am going away until the new  year, the box gets shut off until then.

Any bios issues, how are the settings in CMOS, anything hardcoded for
drive specs?  The quick rebooting sounds like a possible geometry issue,
might not be seeing the drive.  Maybe the controller on the drive is
fscked.

Try the drive on the secondary controller. see if CMOS sees it.

Good luck

--
Rich <budman85 at eastlink.ca>

!DSPAM:43a4f586283634326689394!