[nSLUG] Debian on an AMD 64

jeff white ninjajeff at eastlink.ca
Sat Dec 17 23:20:13 AST 2005

looks like your only choices are:

1. wait for etch stable and install debian (which i am doing)
2. install either testing or unstable etch
3. try gentoo and have fun installing it (heheh)
4. install freebsd or openbsd for amd64

however, the following comment leads me to believe that 3 and 4 aren't
options.

"Secondarily,
it is RPM-based instead of Debian-based, which means having to learn
a whole different admin setup, including differences in the files and
subdirectories in /etc."

i hope you find something that will work for you or have the patience to
wait for stable etch.