[nSLUG] Debian on an AMD 64

Jack Warkentin jwark at eastlink.ca
Fri Dec 16 16:27:44 AST 2005

Hi Everybody

On December 15, 2005 09:50 pm, J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:

> Is anyone running Debian on an AMD 64?

I got an AMD64-based laptop a few weeks ago and am trying to find a
suitable distro for it. I read a lot about Debian AMD64 but it did
not look appealing since it is not possible to run 64-bit and 32-bit
apps at the same time - you have to set up a separate chroot for the
32-bit apps.

I have tried (Debian-based) Kubuntu which installs ok but I don't care
for it either. I have downloaded the 3 Mandriva 2006 CD iso's and
plan on trying it next.

I am also very much interested in any answers to Paul's question.

Regards

Jack

Jack Warkentin, phone 902-404-0457, email jwark at eastlink.ca

!DSPAM:43a323bf234141251715761!